About this Quick-Start Workshop
Following the completion of a Project Plan, the focus of the Resource Plan workshop is to create a detailed Resource Plan for the project. A Resource Plan describes the physical resources required to successfully complete the project. It includes a list of the type of resources - such as labor, equipment and materials - and a schedule of times when each resource will be available and utilized.
- Categorize the labor, equipment, materials and any other resources needed to complete the project
- Identify all the roles involved in undertaking the project. We will identify and list any role to be appointed within the project, as well as any contracting or business role required. We will also list any role which is responsible for or involved with the completion of an activity specified in the Project Plan, whether the role is an internal or external to the project.
- Identify all equipment needed for the project. Equipment may include office equipment (e.g. PCs, photocopiers, mobile phones) and/or data center or telecommunications equipment.
- Identify the amount (e.g. $ or other currency) of each resource required according to the periods it will be needed
- Identify when each resource will be utilized
- List any planning assumptions and constraints
Why QuickStart Workshops?
1) Get More Done in Less Time.
Our QuickStart Workshops are designed to help your IT Project team get more done in less time. In the workshop, your team will spend 4 intense and focused days working with an expert facilitator to help your team make key decisions and complete best practice templates and tools necessary to achieve the key objectives of the workshop.
2) Save Money. Reduce Hassle.
No need for long consulting assignments or contracting with expensive staffing agencies to get your IT project started. Our flat rate of $12,000 per workshop can help you complete the key deliverables needed to plan and implement a successful IT project.
3) Experienced Facilitators.
Our QuickStart Workshops are facilitated by specialists in IT Project Management who have an average of 10 years experience in successfully planning and implementing IT projects.
4) Leverage Best Practice Tools & Processes.
For each QuickStart Workshop, we provide up to five workbooks to enable your working team to quickly complete the key deliverables of the workshop.
Our workshop materials are based on extensive research of best practices that are aligned with the PMBOK Guide and Standards from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
QuickStart Workshops are designed to complete specific deliverables required to plan and implement a successful IT Project. Each workshop is carefully planned and tested to accelerate communication and decision making with the team.
World-Class Workshop Facilities
For hosted in-person workshops, Darby Consulting provides a 20,000-square-foot training center located in the Energy Corridor of Houston, TX. Our recently remodeled facility includes a large computer-based training center, break-out rooms and commissary kitchen.