About this Quick-Start Workshop
A common cause of project failure is a lack of clear communication among the project team, sponsors and end-users. To ensure that the communications on your project are clear, concise, relevant and timely, you need to create a detailed Communications Plan. The focus of the Communications Plan Workshop is to identify the information that must be disseminated to all of the project stakeholders to keep them regularly informed of the project's progress.
- Identify all the stakeholders who require regular information about the status of the project. A communications stakeholder is a person inside or outside the project, who requires regular information about the project's status.
- Describe the stakeholders’ information needs for information regarding the progress of the project.
- Identify and prioritize the communication channels that should be used to communicate with each stakeholder group.
- Identify the project milestones and communications needs.
- Build a detailed communications plan and schedule.
- Define the roles, responsibilities and process for creating, editing, sending and receiving communications throughout the project.
Meet our Workshop Facilitator, Gary Green
Gary specializes in needs assessments, developing roadmaps, and coaching leaders to help navigate the technology challenges within an organization. With a nearly 30-year history in consulting and leading IT organizations, Gary is widely recognized for his ability to connect people, processes, and technology to enhance and drive IT value within an organization. Gary has held business planning consultant and subject matter expert (SME) positions with Electronic Data Systems (EDS), Lilly, Kraft Foods, Frito-Lay, T-Mobile, and Safety-Kleen. and Hewlett-Packard (HP) where he consulted with Fortune 500 company leaders to develop mobile strategies, roadmaps, advised and lead key projects.
Why QuickStart Workshops?
1) Get More Done in Less Time.
Our QuickStart Workshops are designed to help your IT Project team get more done in less time. In the workshop, your team will spend 4 intense and focused days working with an expert facilitator to help your team make key decisions and complete best practice templates and tools necessary to achieve the key objectives of the workshop.
2) Save Money. Reduce Hassle.
No need for long consulting assignments or contracting with expensive staffing agencies to get your IT project started. Our flat rate of $12,000 per workshop can help you complete the key deliverables needed to plan and implement a successful IT project.
3) Experienced Facilitators.
Our QuickStart Workshops are facilitated by specialists in IT Project Management who have an average of 10 years experience in successfully planning and implementing IT projects.
4) Leverage Best Practice Tools & Processes.
For each QuickStart Workshop, we provide up to five workbooks to enable your working team to quickly complete the key deliverables of the workshop.
Our workshop materials are based on extensive research of best practices that are aligned with the PMBOK Guide and Standards from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
QuickStart Workshops are designed to complete specific deliverables required to plan and implement a successful IT Project. Each workshop is carefully planned and tested to accelerate communication and decision making with the team.
World-Class Workshop Facilities
For hosted in-person workshops, Darby Consulting provides a 20,000-square-foot training center located in the Energy Corridor of Houston, TX. Our recently remodeled facility includes a large computer-based training center, break-out rooms and commissary kitchen.