About this Quick-Start Workshop
Following the completion of a Resource Plan, the focus of the Project Budget Estimate workshop is to create a detailed Project Budget Estimate for the project. A Project Budget Estimate lists the funding sources as well as the costs (i.e. expenses) likely to be incurred on the project and provides a schedule of the timeframes in which those costs will be incurred throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- List all sources of funding (i.e. internal funding, grants, etc.)
- Identify the categories of expenses (i.e. labor, materials, equipment, etc.)
- List the tasks from the WBS and the estimated labor costs
- List in detail all types of expenses likely to be incurred on the project and quantify the amount of each.
- Schedule the timeframes for funding and expenses
- List any assumptions and constraints identified
Over the course of four days, our expert facilitators will help you and your team work through the key steps and activities required to complete an initial draft of a Budget Estimate for your project. Each day of the workshop is designed to help your team develop the most important content areas utilizing our best practice tools, templates and processes.
Why QuickStart Workshops?
1) Get More Done in Less Time.
Our QuickStart Workshops are designed to help your IT Project team get more done in less time. In the workshop, your team will spend 4 intense and focused days working with an expert facilitator to help your team make key decisions and complete best practice templates and tools necessary to achieve the key objectives of the workshop.
2) Save Money. Reduce Hassle.
No need for long consulting assignments or contracting with expensive staffing agencies to get your IT project started. Our flat rate of $12,000 per workshop can help you complete the key deliverables needed to plan and implement a successful IT project.
3) Experienced Facilitators.
Our QuickStart Workshops are facilitated by specialists in IT Project Management who have an average of 10 years experience in successfully planning and implementing IT projects.
4) Leverage Best Practice Tools & Processes.
For each QuickStart Workshop, we provide up to five workbooks to enable your working team to quickly complete the key deliverables of the workshop.
Our workshop materials are based on extensive research of best practices that are aligned with the PMBOK Guide and Standards from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
QuickStart Workshops are designed to complete specific deliverables required to plan and implement a successful IT Project. Each workshop is carefully planned and tested to accelerate communication and decision making with the team.