About this Quick-Start Workshop
Once all the deliverables within the project have been completed and approved by the customer, the project is ready for closure. Closing a project is a task not to be under-rated, as it requires the review of the entire Project Lifecycle to date and the completion of a comprehensive set of closure actions.
The focus of the Post-Project Review workshop is designed to partner with the Project Sponsor, Project Manager and team to take the necessary actions required to close the project and ensure that every deliverable produced by the project is complete and accepted by the customer. The actions required to close the project are recorded in a Project Closure Report, which is presented to the Project Sponsor or Board for approval. Following approval, the closure actions are completed, and at that point the project is officially designated as Closed.
- Review how the project performed against each of the targets set during the Initiation and Planning phases of the project. List these targets and measure the project's success/failure in meeting each target.
- Develop checklist of transition-to-operations requirements to transfer roles, responsibilities, budgets, resources and documentation to an operations team to sustain and maintain the technology.
- List the major achievements for the project and describe the positive effect that each achievement has had on the customer's business.
- Recognize change champions who were instrumental in the major achievements for the project.
- List any project failures and describe the effects they have had on the customer's business.
- Describe the lessons learned from undertaking this project and list any recommendations for similar projects in the future.
- Prepare and distribute a Project Closure Report.
Over the course of five days, our expert facilitators will help you and your team work through the key steps and activities required to complete a Project Closure Report for your project.
Meet our Workshop Facilitator, Gary Green
Gary specializes in needs assessments, developing roadmaps, and coaching leaders to help navigate the technology challenges within an organization. With a nearly 30-year history in consulting and leading IT organizations, Gary is widely recognized for his ability to connect people, processes, and technology to enhance and drive IT value within an organization. Gary has held business planning consultant and subject matter expert (SME) positions with Electronic Data Systems (EDS), Lilly, Kraft Foods, Frito-Lay, T-Mobile, and Safety-Kleen. and Hewlett-Packard (HP) where he consulted with Fortune 500 company leaders to develop mobile strategies, roadmaps, advised and lead key projects.
Why QuickStart Workshops?
1) Get More Done in Less Time.
Our QuickStart Workshops are designed to help your IT Project team get more done in less time. In the workshop, your team will spend 4 intense and focused days working with an expert facilitator to help your team make key decisions and complete best practice templates and tools necessary to achieve the key objectives of the workshop.
2) Save Money. Reduce Hassle.
No need for long consulting assignments or contracting with expensive staffing agencies to get your IT project started. Our flat rate of $12,000 per workshop can help you complete the key deliverables needed to plan and implement a successful IT project.
3) Experienced Facilitators.
Our QuickStart Workshops are facilitated by specialists in IT Project Management who have an average of 10 years experience in successfully planning and implementing IT projects.
4) Leverage Best Practice Tools & Processes.
For each QuickStart Workshop, we provide up to five workbooks to enable your working team to quickly complete the key deliverables of the workshop.
Our workshop materials are based on extensive research of best practices that are aligned with the PMBOK Guide and Standards from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
QuickStart Workshops are designed to complete specific deliverables required to plan and implement a successful IT Project. Each workshop is carefully planned and tested to accelerate communication and decision making with the team.
World-Class Workshop Facilities
For hosted in-person workshops, Darby Consulting provides a 20,000-square-foot training center located in the Energy Corridor of Houston, TX. Our recently remodeled facility includes a large computer-based training center, break-out rooms and commissary kitchen.
Request a Quote
Please complete the brief form below to contact one of our project specialists. (Fields marked * are required.)