Facilitated work sessions to deliver successful projects
About this Worksession
According to Info-Tech research, 47% of business leaders feel their business goals are largely unsupported by IT. While IT strategies are intended to help align IT services with the organization, a staggering 92% of departments surveyed claimed their IT strategies were less than adequate.
A more effective IT strategy is one that not only aligns with the organization’s mission and goals, but is easy for non-technical business leaders to both understand and support. The key to aligning IT with the organization is to have a solid understanding of its needs, combined with a common understanding of the drivers and constraints that inform an effective strategy.
Darby Consulting’s IT Assessment is conducted in a manner that is both open and honest as well as forward-looking with the organization. Our assessment methodology focuses on three main areas:
- People - roles and org structure
- Process - services and processes
- Technology - infrastructure, systems, and operations
- Identify the objectives and expectations for the assessment
- Develop a project charter and detailed plan with the sponsor
- Conduct interviews, surveys, hands-on inspections and workshops to gather information to understand the current state of IT
- Perform benchmarking analysis against industry peers
- Conduct a gap analysis incorporating the input, feedback and findings from the data gathering phase along with benchmarking from research organizations
- Identify and prioritize critical gaps in current performance and develop recommendations to close those gaps
- Develop a roadmap and action plan to create a clear pathway forward for everyone to follow.
Work Session Duration
Over the course of approximately 4-6 weeks*, our expert systems testing analysts will help you and your team work through the key steps and activities required to develop an IT Assessment for your project.
*Note: actual time may vary depending on size & complexity of your organization and system
Why a QuickStart Work Session?
1) Get More Done in Less Time.
Our QuickStart Worksessions are designed to help your IT Project team get more done in a short burst of time. In a worksession, our team will utilize detailed, agenda-focused days working with an your team make key decisions and complete the key objectives of the worksession.
2) Save Money. Reduce Hassle.
No need for long consulting assignments or contracting with expensive staffing agencies to get the work done. Our fixed rate of $1,900 per day can help you complete the key deliverables to achieve a successful IT project in less time and at a lower cost.
3) Experienced IT Consultants.
QuickStart Worksessions are facilitated by specialists in IT Project Management who have an average of 10+ years experience in successfully planning and implementing IT projects.
4) Leverage Best Practice Tools & Processes.
QuickStart Worksessions are based on extensive research of best practices that are aligned with the PMBOK Guide and Standards from the Project Management Institute (PMI). Darby Consulting is a recognized consultancy by PMI.
QuickStart Worksessions are designed to complete specific deliverables required to plan and implement a successful IT Project. Each workshop is carefully planned and tested to accelerate communication and decision making with the team.