Delivering results with better people, process & technology
As a recognized member of the Project Management Institute (PMI), planning and managing transformational IT projects is at the core of what we do. From developing project schedules and budgets to monitoring risks and issues, our IT Project Managers complete rigorous technical and personality assessments so you can feel confident you have the best talent with both the hard and soft skills required. We provide more than just the best people – we support our IT Project Managers & Team Leads with a full suite of best-practice methodologies, tools and templates so you can more quickly deliver results.
Project Management Services
Working onsite at your office or ours, our IT project managers:
- Plan and coordinate project schedules, goals and milestones and identify project assignments.
- Coordinate projects across remote software and hardware vendors.
- Interface with end-users and senior leaders to gather business requirements.
- Create technical documentation as needed and report on progress of projects.
- Manage issues, risks and scope changes.
- Adhere to budgets and keep projects on track for successful completion within specification.
Project Management Processes & Tools
Our IT Project Managers are PMI certified and utilize our comprehensive library of project management tools and templates. Our methodology includes a library of over 70 tools and templates along with how-to videos and tutorials to ensure every project is delivered on-time, within budget and to business specifications.
Certified, Experienced Project Managers
Darby Consulting provides experienced project managers with at least 10 years of experience and PMP or CAPM certifications from the Project Management Institute or equivalent degrees. We also utilize predictive analytics and data science to help match the best IT Project Managers to the unique needs of your project.
Project Management Methodology
While it is technically feasible to implement most technologies within a few short weeks, it is often the people side of the system integration that can take much longer to change than the technology itself. A balanced framework focused on both stakeholders and technology is recommended. Our project management methodology is customized to every client and project consists of five project phases to achieve a balanced approach to implementation between stakeholder needs and technology.
We Track Our Progress to Deliver Better Results
We provide complimentary use of our cloud-based Project Performance Tracking & Reporting System to help keep our clients and consultants connected in real-time so everyone knows where we stand. Use it to document and track requirements, identify issues & risks and monitor the completion of tasks.
We’re Proud to Support the World’s Best Organizations
Darby Consulting’s employees and principals have provided IT consulting services to support many of the world’s leading organizations:
- Lurie Children’s Hospital (US News Best Hospital)
- Lone Star University (US News Best Associates Degrees)
- Northwestern University (US News Best College)
- Indiana Wesleyan University (US News Best College)
- Penn State University (US News Best College)
- US Department of Homeland Security (Top 20 Agency)
- Texas Department of Information Resources
- Texas Office of Attorney General
- Applied Materials (#319 Fortune 500)
- Baylor Health Care System (US News Best Hospital)
- BP (#6 Fortune 500)
- Chevron (#3 Fortune 500)
- ConocoPhillips (#4 Fortune 500)
- Duke Energy (#123 Fortune 500)
- Hewlett Packard (#17 Fortune 500)
What Our Client’s Say…
“Darby Consulting delivers excellent project support resources. They have an excellent ability to translate complex ideas into something easy to communicate, making them one of the best companies I have seen on projects in the areas of project management and support. I would work with Darby again and would strongly recommend them in any project role.”
US News Best College
Please complete the brief form below to contact one of our project specialists. (Fields marked * are required.)